Youth Aspire Development Trust (YADT)
6221 unit J Seke
Ansprechpartner: Abel Mamhunze
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
Youth Aspire Development Trust (YADT) is a volunteer based and a youth-led organization targeting youths with dynamic services, with the intent to elevate, protect and equip them with the sufficient resources they will need to lead tomorrow.
YADT is an initiative by a group of young people, who realized the significance of youth groups in the development of society. Youth in communities have creative potential, but are limited by the environment surrounding them and therefore need to be encouraged to succeed in their endeavors. YADT is a development-oriented organization covering marketing and social research related activities in the modern economy, as well as management consulting services, with a huge focus on youth owned SMMEs, youth Sexual and Reproductive Health, HIV/AIDS.
Young people living healthy and productive lives.
To promote young people's rights, Youth Sexual Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR), and youth empowerment through capacity building, advocacy, community mobilization and communication for positive social and behavior change.
• To undertake capacity building for individual youth and youth groups in order to enhance knowledge and skills on how to protect and manage their social and physical environment.
• To network with other like-minded organizations locally, regionally and internationally in furtherance of the organizations objectives.
• To build the capacities of young people living and affected by HIV/AIDS to take leadership roles and lead advocacy rights of young people living with HIV.
• To empower young people about their sexual and reproductive health rights.
• To facilitate the inclusion and participation of young people in decision making forums at the community, national and international levels.
• To provide economic empowerment for young people living and affected by HIV/AIDS for economic growth and poverty alleviation.
• To fight against stigma and discrimination against young people living with HIV/AIDS.
Projects and Programmes:
• Sexual Reproductive and Health Rights (SRHR): Youth Sexual Reproductive Health Rights and HIV Program
• Entrepreneurship and Microfinance: This program encourages the youths to confront unemployment and foster economic security by embracing entrepreneurship. We have two vehicles of driving entrepreneurship within the organization, namely Business Incubation and Microfinance
• Building Connections: Membership; Peer Support; Networking Opportunities; Leadership Development
• Peer Education: Teenage Pregnancy Awareness; Promoting Healthier Life Choices for Youth in Churches Program
• Foundation for life: We offer basic life skills training to school going and out-of-school youths.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.