Human Rights Center (HRIDC)
M. Kantaria street 11a (former Gagarin Lane 2), Floor 3rd,
Ansprechpartner: Nanuashvili, Ucha
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The Human Rights Center (HRIDC) was founded on December 10, 1996 as a non-profit NGO in Tbilisi, Georgia.
List of the organization´s activities:
- Monitoring the human rights situation in Georgia;
- study of the concrete facts of human rights violations and distribution of information;
- provision of assistance for citizens who have applied to the Center for the restoration of their rights;
- fight against torture and other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment and punishment;
- fight against racial, religious, national, sexual and other discrimination and intolerance;
- development of civic education in the country;
- monitoring minority rights in Georgia;
- monitoring the migration, trafficking in human beings and violence against women;
- monitoring the rights of the child;
- conflict prevention, resolution and management.
Humanrights.ge is an online magazine and web portal on human rights in Georgia. It was founded by the Human Rights Center (HRIDC) in 2003.
Some of the organization´s implemented projects:
- "Human rights education in secondary schools";
- "For building civil society";
- "Support for human rights and documentation center";
- "Juvenile prisoners - part of our society";
- "Police and human rights" and many others.
Ucha Nanuashvili is the Project Director of the Center.
For other net participants we can offer expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, deliver a lecture, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.