El Zurriago E8-28 y Av. de los Shyris
Ansprechpartner: Bernardo Canizares
Fundacion Octaedro is a not-for-profit organization working since 1995 to promote and develop the arts, sciences and visual communications. We are based in Quito, Ecuador but work with people and organizations from around the world. Our projects are conceived from a social and cultural perspective, with an emphasis on the needs of the country.
We help to empower proactive citizens through cultural, artistic and scientific activities regardless of race, gender, religious beliefs, or sexual orientation. We aim for justice, solidarity and creativity in all our actions.
• To become a leading educational and cultural institution that proposes new answers to the problems facing our cities, communities and country.
• To have a positive influence in public policymaking related to the arts, sciences and visual communications in Ecuador.
• To help promote open dialogue and expression in urban and rural zones.
• To help build more creative, equitable and sustainable communities.
• The Social Development School, which offers continuing education in social project development and international funding strategies.
• Participatory and democratic dialogue in the classroom, initially supported by the Inter-American Development Bank and has benefited over 5,000 students and teachers from poor rural and urban schools.
• The "People´s Awards International Short Film Festival" since 2001, with 335 contestants in its five editions.
• Master Classes in Film which have opened a space for academic dialogue with leading figures from the filmmaking industry such as Augusto Cabada, Sergio Cabrera, Eliseo Subiela and Marcelo Piñeyro.
• Our Teaching Training Program which has benefited teachers and students from underprivileged backgrounds.
• Cine Forum: 7 years of daily projections and a weekly cine forum, which benefitted 20,000 viewers.
Bernardo Canizares is the Executive Director of the Fundacion Octaedro.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.