Katwe Youth Development Association (KAYDA)
Ansprechpartner: Nsubuga Faisal
+256-41-231310; +256 775 676 63
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Katwe Youth Development Association (KAYDA) is Non Government organization started by youth leaders in 1995 and formerly registered in 1996 as an NGO. It was established with the overall aim of helping street children and youth leave the streets and become self reliant. As they leave the streets we shelter them at our drop in center before the final resettlement. While at the center we make sure that they access the basic needs and services for their growth and development.
To unite youth/children to alleviate poverty, redundancy and enhance development among them.
KAYDA´s program includes
• Street children rehabilitation through education,
• Vocational skills development,
• Sports and
• HIV/AIDS prevention,
• Education through music, dance and drama (MDD).
• Resettlement of street children follows successful rehabilitation.
• KAYDA has developed several initiatives to support homeless, abandoned and orphaned youth/children that spend most of their time on the streets.
• The organization has established a Drop in Centre, which comprises of five rooms, a carpentry workshop and other two projects for poultry, and barbershop.
• The projects are two way both Educational and income generating for sustainability. Most of the children are involved in learning and training like in wood curving and production of wooden materials. This has resulted into the production of many needed items for KAYDA Center (Their use themselves), where they can now produce nice beds, benches, chairs, closets and so many others.
• The Saloon has helped the Kids to learn the skill of hair cutting and helped in earning a living by giving haircuts to customers from the local population around the project for a few shillings.
• The money collected from the project caters for the daily needs of the children, and still the projects helps the community too as well since the charges are affordable.
Nsubuga Faisal is the Program coordinator at Katwe Youth Development Association (Kayda).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.