Hotline for Migrant Workers (HMW)
75 Nahalat Binyamin Street
65154 Tel Aviv
Ansprechpartner: Maike Harel
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The Hotline for Migrant Workers (HMW) was founded in 1998 as a non-partisan, not-for-profit organization to defend the rights of migrant workers and refugees in Israel, and to combat human trafficking. We aim to build a more just, equitable and democratic society in which the human rights of all people are honored.
Our activities consist of:
• Crisis Intervention: Volunteers assist migrant workers, refugees and trafficking survivors through our telephone hotline, direct consultation and visits to detention centers, providing information and solutions to those detained and exploited.
• Legal Action: By filing petitions on behalf of our clients, we work to ensure that existing laws protecting basic human rights are implemented.
• Public Policy: We inform and educate the general public, the media, policy makers and other stakeholders through publications, lectures, lobby activities and public events. The HMW is a recognized authority and serves as an advisory body for national and international bodies, government ministries, academia and civic organizations.
• To establish and protect the social and legal rights of all migrants in Israel.
• To ensure fair and competent legal representation and due process.
• To empower migrant workers and refugees to better advocate for themselves.
• To inform decision makers, the Israeli public and our target groups.
• To engage the Israeli public and raise awareness of the plight of migrant workers
• To promote a society respectful to all its residents.
Maike Harel is the Associate Director for Resource Development of HMW.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.