Child Workers in Nepal Concerned Centre (CWIN)
P.O. Box 4374
Ansprechpartner: Krishna Shrestha
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Various social and family problems such as poverty, broken families, migration or ignorance force the children to leave their homes in the villages to be on their own in the cities, with or without their parents consent. They end up in and around the Kathhmandu city as unskilled, vulnerable and cheap source of labour. Many try several jobs before landing up on the streets eventually with a history of exploitation and abuse behind them. Gradually losing contact with their homes and families, such children are at high risk conditions.
Since its founding, Child Workers in Nepal (CWIN) has been running various programs for the welfare and support of such children living in difficult circumstances through its several model programs. Through its different centres, CWIN organized skill education programs for a number of street and squatter youth who were given opportunities to join different kinds of skill training and provided support for their employment.
The aims of the organization are:
- help empower the target groups by assisting in their capacity build-up and and self-reliance process through skill education and training according to their interest, inclination and necessity,
- to provide the infrastructure for the production and marketing of their products,
- to assist in the process of social integration of the target groups by changing their attitude towards labour and developing dignity towards their jobs,
- to create better livelihood opportunities for the habituated street children, underprivileged children from slums and squatter settlements, child workers and girl children at risk,
- to assist in the long-term rehabilitation of street and underprivileged youths through better employment opportunities and other support.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Further we can procure an expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.