Portland Peace and Justice Center
3848 SE Division 364
Portland, OR 97202
Ansprechpartner: Davidzon, Vladimir
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
The mission of the Portland Peace and Justice Center is: Through a focus on solutions and pro-active models, to facilitate social change by empowering activists and inspiring formation of innovative grassroots projects.
- We recognize ourselves to be a part of a broader global movement for a just, sustainable and democratic society and work in compliance with the 10 key values of the Green Movement.
- We properly manage and mitigate risks of our programs, recognizing participant and staff safety as our top priority.
- We operate in line with the best feasible sustainability principles and philosophies.
- We recognize that a diverse, inspired, skilled team driven by a clear common mission and values is foundationally critical to the wellbeing of the organization, and thus carefully consider our hiring decisions, properly investing in staff compensation and development.
- While we recognize that a considerable start-up investment must be made, we demand that each of our programs must become entirely self-sustaining within a reasonable amount of time. For programs which cannot generate revenue but otherwise are in line with our mission, we set clear results by which we can measure success.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, deliver a lecture, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.