Children of the Night
14530 Sylvan Street
91411 Van Nuys, California
Ansprechpartner: Dr. Lois Lee
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Children of the Night is a private, non-profit, tax-exempt organization founded in 1979. We are dedicated to assisting children between the ages of 11 and 17 who are forced to prostitute on the streets for food to eat and a place to sleep.
Children of the Night provides a 24-hour hotline — 7 days a week. It is operated around the clock by trained staff who are knowledgeable about street life and capable of enlisting the support of police throughout the country if a child’s life is in danger. The Children of the Night home is open to child prostitutes throughout the United States, and the Children of the Night hotline staff is specially trained to rescue these children directly from pimps anywhere is the country, any time of the day or night. Our hotline staff works closely with law enforcement to rescue children from vile, dominating pimps.
Children of the Night’s 24- bed home, located in the Los Angeles suburb of Van Nuys, California, provides refuge, food, clothing, an on-site school, counseling, and emotional support for child prostitutes from all over the United States. Children of the Night is a voluntary program for children who want a way out, serving as a way station between the streets and a normal, healthy life.
Each child is designated a Primary Caseworker who coordinates medical care, psychological care, academic assessments and other social services as needed
Opportunities for the children:
• On-Site School: Children of the Night’s private, on-site school is so successful that graduates are prepared to move on to technical schools, junior colleges, and even four-year universities.
• Recreational Outings: On Fridays, residents are taken on supervised trips to points of interest in the Los Angeles area.
• Weekend Schedule: Saturday and Sunday schedules allow more free time for watching videos, playing computer and video games, and homework, as well as a Sunday afternoon softball game and barbecue lunch at a private softball field. Some of our children attend church and their religious preferences are honored.
Dr. Lois Lee is the Founder and President of Children of the Night.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.