Rural Women Development Initiative (RUWODI)
P.O.Box 330; Kikaro street,
Miono, Bagamoyo District
Ansprechpartner: Abraham M. Salim
+255 (0)713 662898; +255 (0)784 662898; +255 (0)787 838883; +255 (0)766 128252
+ 255 23 2402165
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
The Rural Women Development Initiative (RUWODI) is a private, voluntary, non-governmental, non-partisan and non-profit making organization, registered in 2010 as Non Governmental Organization. RUWODI is a human rights organization, striving to promote and protect women and children´s rights by helping to bring gender equality in Tanzania.
Enabling and empower women in rural and marginalized areas to raise their voice so that they can be heard in the communities in responding to the challenges they have socially and economically.
To improve the living standard of women and children in rural are empowered in fighting against poverty and given priorities and consistent and effective strategies in solving their problem and remove their grievances in an effort to combat extreme poverty.
• End violence against women and children
• Ensure women have a say in the decisions that affect them.
• Enable women to take control of their own livelihood.
• Providing legal aid services for the women and communities in the area of marriage, inheritance and other social problems.
• Empower women in economic activities and skills development.
• Monitoring of public resources in various sectors to see if the money or the resources have been used appropriately and that they benefit society, such as the monitor to see resource allocated in line with the wishes of gender in helping women.
• Contributing actively in poverty alleviation program aiming at total poverty eradication and promotion of economic development.
• Conducting researches, seminars, workshops, open forum discussion in the community Development at large.
• Working and cooperating with other organizations such as NGOs, Religious Organizations, Government Institutions, towards taking care children, women and youth, environmental protection, poverty alleviation, human rights defending, fighting against human diseases i.e. HIV/AIDS, towards social economic advancement.
• Dissemination of information through publishing leaflets, booklets, brochures, newspapers, newsletters, magazines, books and such, common services or organs as may be necessary or desirable for coordination and promotion of organization objectives.
Abraham M. Salim is the Director of Project, Advocacy and Communication at the Rural Women Development Initiative (RUWODI).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.