SWEAD Society for Women´s Education and Awareness Development
R.C.Street, Thurinjickollai, Nellickollai, Post, Chidambaram Taluk
608704 Cuddalore dist, Tamilnadu
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The Society for Women´s Education and Awareness Development - SWEAD was formed in 1994 and it´s a secular, non-political, non-governmental, non-profit registered society formed by Dr.C.Jayaraj, Profosser in Tamil, St Joseph college, Banglore and 11 of social workers, educated locals having real interest and the commitment to serve the poor women and children of different religions, language and especially to the locals who are in need.
SWEAD is a small Indian NGO that works for the welfare and restoration of the rights of women and children. SWEAD organizes worker and agricultural communities and promotes socio-economic development and community participation.
The mission is to help improve the basic life need services of the poorest areas in Cuddalore district, building long term capacity through training and support, irrespective of caste, creed and religion. It is meant for a human society, literacy and social awareness, self realization and self support, community health, wealth liberation and leadership.
• Working for the welfare and restoration of the rights of women and children.
• Organizing worker and agricultural communities for collectively and empowerment.
• Socio economic development for self reliance through people´s participation.
• Participation of the worker and peasant communities in local governance.
• Equality of women and men in the development process and systems of society.
• Entitlements from the State for meeting of basic needs and amenities.
• Women Self Help Groups
• Free Education (1st Standard to 5th Standard) Night School
• Free Counseling for +2 students
• Encourage and motivate the drop-out student to continue their education and working children
• Child laborers 100% literacy, counseling and rehabilitation
• Working children education and care programme
• Training for Traditional midwives and lactating mothers
• Cooperation with other organizations
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.