United Youth Foundation
102A Brickfield Road, Ebute Metta (West)
Ansprechpartner: Salau Samson Oladapo
The goal of United Youth Development is to ensure that all adolescents experience a positive life stage positively in respective of their language barriers, ethnicity, races, tribes, and geographical location.
Youth development is a policy perspective that emphasizes fully on providing services and opportunities to support all young people in developing a sense of competence, usefulness, belonging, and empowerment. While individual programs can provide youth development activities or services, the youth development works best when entire communities, including young people, are involved in creating a continuum of services and opportunities that youths need to grow into happy and healthy adults.
Aims and objectives:
- Support an existing youth agency in expanding or enhancing its services to youth. Help existing agencies to launch public education or fundraising campaigns.
- Educating youth about HIV/AIDS.
- Offer specialized support, such as accounting, computer, graphic design, or legal skills, to lo youths.
- Engaging community leaders to support the advocacy efforts of existing agencies working on behalf of young people.
- Contacting local media outlets and editorial boards to share positive stories about young people.
- Stay informed about issues that may affect young people. Working with youth services/ agencies and community members to educate others about how these issues may negatively or positively promote and influence youth development in the society
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Further we can offer expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information, deliver a lecture and establish new contacts in the field of our work.