Kasenda Rural Development Forum
P.O. BOX 332
Fort Portal, Kabarole district
Ansprechpartner: Evarist Ngabirano
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Kasenda Rural Development Forum is a charitable community based organisation. The area of operation is Kasenda Parish, Ruteete Sub-county, Burahya County in Kabarole district of western Uganda. Its resources are people: members and non-members. So, proceeds from membership and sub-scription fees, donations and gifts from generous people sponsor our activities.
Most of our members have undergone formal education. Our co-ordinator is a degree holder, the chairperson is a grade III teacher, and the secretary holds an advanced level certificate and is a teacher in a secondary school. The majority of the members can read, write and understand English language.
- To provide some basic needs like food shelter clothing to the orphans and widows.
- To extend pastoral spiritual cares to the orphans, widows and widowers especially those affected/infected by HIV/AIDS pandemic.
- To contribute towards the education of orphans.
- To create awareness among the people about HIV/AIDS pandemic through seminars, discussions, talks and drama.
- To give support to the income generating activities in families.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Further we can give an expert opinion and establish new contacts in the field of ecological research and human rights.