Forum for Development, Culture and Dialogue (FDCD)
170 Al-Alam St., Khayyat Building, 7 th floor
Herch Kfoury, Badaro, Beirut
Ansprechpartner: Maria F. Petersen
- Umwelt- und Zukunftsforschung
FDCD represents a faith-based, integrated initiative rising from the community and aiming to restore dignity to marginalized, oppressed, and dehumanized individuals and communities. We strive to support communities of faith, both Muslim and Christian, to work alongside civil society organizations to address the challenges that face their communities, individually and collectively. This is done through a process of dialogue, inter-faith solidarity and cooperation among communities in the Middle East.
Through this sense of solidarity, and through intervention in specific locales, we work to:
• activate the role that religious communities, Muslim and Christian, can play as they strive for cultural, social, and economic empowerment of marginalized communities and the promotion of sustainable development
• advocate for and encourage the peaceful transformation of conflict at multiple levels in society as a means of building peace through justice and reconciliation
• promote inter-communal understanding and cooperation by strengthening the role of women and youth in inter-cultural dialogue
Our Vision: Life in Abundance
We envision ‘life in abundance’ based on justice, equality, social responsibility and dialogue at all levels of society, with particular focus on poor, marginalized, and downtrodden communities.
• Empowerment and Solidarity: communities need to be empowered in order to bring positive transformation, self-reliance, and collective action at the level of most marginalized local settings
• Justice with Peace: current regional conditions create an environment where conflict and violence simmer under the surface, thus multiple levels of conflict resolution and peace-building activities are a among key priorities for a healthy, harmonious society
• Dialogue: many dialogue activities take place at an intellectual level; integrating this level with Muslim-Christian activities that include and specifically target women and youth would make a significant investment in the future generation in bringing about mutual understanding and cooperation
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.