Dwip Unnayan Songstha (DUS)
Islands Development Association
DUS Center, P.O. Sayedia Bazar,
Hatiya, Dist. Noakhali
Ansprechpartner: Rafiqul Alam
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Dwip Unnayan Songstha (DUS) is a voluntary NGO has been based on Hatiya island under Noakhali district of Bangladesh. It was established during the turbulent period surrounding the birth of the country when it was racked by a series of disasters around 1970. DUS meant Island Development Association and stands for working for the poor and marginalized community.
DUS seeks a society where poverty will strike no one; people will enjoy social justice and economic freedom. DUS deserves to explore an equitable and gender balanced society, which could also uphold friendly environment and contribution for every human being to live with dignity and security.
The major objectives of DUS are:
• to alleviate the range of poverty, enhance empowerment of the poor
• to establish human rights
• to promote essential health care and disaster risk reduction effectively
• to emancipate sustainable development endeavor
• Poverty Reduction Program
• Income Generation Program
• Education Program
• Health Program
• Char Development Settlement Program
• Social Forestry
• Disaster Management Project
• Smallholder livestock development project
• HIV-AIDS Prevention Program
• Water supply & Promotion of Sanitation
• Public private partnership for Health Promotion
• Housing for poor
Rafiqul Alam is the Executive Director of Dwip Unnayan Songstha (DUS).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.