Community Organisation for Social Transformation Trust (COST TRUST)
624003 Dindigul, Tamil Nadu
Ansprechpartner: Samuel Raj
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The Community Organisation for Social Transformation Trust (COST Charitable Trust) is a Non-Profit, Integrated Human Development NGO, registered in 2001 in India, working in different parts of the South Indian States both rural and tribal areas.
It has been working among under-privileged, marginalized, physically and mentally challenged and deprived people of the society on to the programmes as Non-Profit Basis. Empower the target communities through education, health, human development, resource mobilization, networking with government agencies and other organizations.
Our mission is to make contributions to poor, under-privileged and needy group of India by providing them integrated approaches including education, health care facilities, environmental protection and income generating programmes.
• To implement development, relief and welfare programmes with a concentration in all level of development of children, women, disabled, tribal, poor and marginalized and deprived groups in India
• To develop, organize, foster and support economic development on a non-profit basis through self-help groups, thrift, credit groups and federations for the disadvantaged and thus empower them into economically competitive community.
• To collaborate with government, voluntary agencies and people´s groups in programmes of relief, development and networking based on accepted social values.
• To develop methodologies for monitoring rural and urban community development programmes.
• To promote / undertake empirical research studies on problems relating to the development of weaker sections of society.
• Educational programmes: rural schools, pre-schools in rural and tribal, children from low income families, educational and nutritional support, children´s resource centres, free computer education, peace and non-violence camps.
• Health care programmes: rural health centres, children & women health camps, free health care for poor & aged, care & support for HIV/Heart/Cancer affected, mentally ill and disabled children, mobile health.
• Children´s development programmes: children homes for orphaned, poor evening tuition centres, children clubs, environmental awareness through tree plantation, children health care support, nutritional support.
• Women´s development programmes: women & youth self help groups, economic assistance for poor, empowerment & rights trainings, health care camps/prenatal postnatal camps, income generating and family counseling.
• Disabled rehabilitation programmes: self-employment training for disabled youngsters, education and nutritional support for children, disabled rights and awareness trainings, supply of equipments, economic assistance for business.
• Leprosy affected people rehabilitation programmes: small house construction assistance, income generating through goat rearing assistance, medical assistance, awareness camps, educational support for their children.
• Environmental protection programmes: national environmental awareness campaigns & camps for women & youth self help groups and general public, tree plantation, guidance for small farmers. bio-diversity and conservation.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of Volunteering, Fundraisers, Internship and Charity Tourism.