GOODWILL SOCIAL WORK CENTRE
No: 5,South Street Extension
625002 MADURAI, Singarayar Colony
Ansprechpartner: Dr.J. Christopher Daniel, Ph.D
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Goodwill Social Work Centre is an Indian Non-governmental organisation registered as a Society. It is a professional social work organisation deeply committed to the development of children, youth and women.
Our mission is to profess and practice ´Goodwill social work´ as a philosophy, a practice mode and an approach, which is preventative, rehabilitative and developmental in perspective and based on the principles of scientific humanism in line with the professional social work model. It combines social philanthropy, professional social work and social development.
It is committed to a particular set of professional values of social work including respect for worth and dignity of every person, the client´s right to self-determination, confidentiality, advocacy and social action that promotes social justice.
• To promote the overall development of children, youth and women in rural and urban areas in India, who are socially and economically deprived;
• To provide family centred home based intensive services to children, youth and women in dysfunctional families in slums and backward areas in India;
• To sensitise rural and urban children and women on various environmental issues and concerns through education, training and communication;
• To create public awareness on the rights of the child and women and to work for the promotion, protection and defense of children´s and women´s rights.
• Focus on education sponsorship; home based care and school placement for children in dysfunctional families; referral services to children for problem children; family counseling; environmental education for children and children and women rights education.
• Community Technology Centre for children and young women in low and moderate income communities
• Children´s Rights Centre (CRC)-A unit of GOODWILL
• Children have a ´right to peace´ programme
• Children´s Rights through Artwork project
• Intensive Family Preservation Programme for Children in Dysfunctional Families (IFP Project)
• Integrated Family Life Management for Rural Women Project
• Basic Holistic Health Community Programme
• Micro-Enterprise Development (MED) for Poor Urban Women in Madurai, Tamil Nadu
• Environmental education and Communication Program for children
• Non-formal employment training for young men and women in dysfunctional families
Dr.J.Christopher Daniel is the founding Executive Director of the Goodwill social work centre (NGO), Madurai, India.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.