Sustainable Rural Community Development Organisation (SURCOD)
PO BOX 45, Chididi
Ansprechpartner: January W. Mvula
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Sustainable Rural Community Development (SURCOD) Malawi is a NGO registered in 2010 with the background of Community Development. Currently, SURCOD operates in Malawi - especially in Nsanje and Chikhwawa Districts. Nsanje and Chikwawa Districts are located in the south of Malawi.
The Vision of Sustainable Rural Community Development Organization (SURCOD) Malawi is a community that is empowered to advance rural initiative to access basic needs which can promote sustainable livelihood through self reliance and community participation.
Our mission is to facilitate development based on self reliance, self sufficiency through effective implementation, promotion and support of integrated rural development with full participation, ownership and promotion of right based approaches of the rural communities.
Our goal is to promote sustainable integrated community development with the rural communities through improving food security, promotion of saving culture, empowerment of women and safe motherhood, promotion of education and literacy, water and sanitation and climate change mitigation and adaptation.
• To improve food security and household income in the rural
• To promote good health through increasing awareness on the causes of various diseases as well as promotion of safe motherhood ( with much effort to the following diseases HIV/AIDS, Malaria and Tuberculosis)
• To promote access to safe and portable water, good sanitation and hygiene using participatory methods
• To promote quality eduction, adult literacy programmes and affordable vocational skills to the vulnerable youth and women
• To improve the status of women, child rights and human rights issues in general as well as sharing Christ love holistically
• To promote awareness on natural resources management, climate change mitigation and adaptation
• Chididi Women Savings and Capital Building project: This project is an initiative of SURCOD to support the women of Chididi to start saving groups with an aim of raising up their capital, which will lead to the establishment of fruit processing factory.
• Girls Empowerment Project: The Girls Empowerment Project improves literacy and numeracy skills, knowledge of health and human rights, social confidence, and financial/entrepreneurial skills among adolescent girls.
• Harry Singh Scholarship: This scholarship aims to pay school fees for secondary school students, especially the vulnerable boys and girls in Nsanje District.
January W. Mvula is the Executive Director of SURCOD Malawi.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.