SAVE THE FROGS!
PO Box 78758
Los Angeles, CA 90016
Ansprechpartner: Kerry Kriger
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Founded in 2008 Save The Frogs is America's first and only public charity dedicated to amphibian conservation.
Our goal is to prevent the extinction of the world’s amphibians: the frogs, toads, newts, salamanders, and caecilians.
Our mission is to protect amphibian populations and to promote a society that respects and appreciates nature and wildlife.
One-third of the world’s 6,485 species of frogs, toads, newts, salamanders and caecilians are on the verge of extinction, and 200 species have completely disappeared in recent years. We plan to prevent further extinctions through a combination of methods:
• Environmental education: We have created educational posters and flyers that we distribute to schools, museums and zoos worldwide, and our website is a valuable educational tool that is available 24 hours per day
• Legal defense and policy making: SAVE THE FROGS! is currently building an amphibian legal defense fund so that we can protect amphibians from habitat destruction, pesticides and pollution, and so that we can lobby for necessary environmental regulations that currently do not exist.
• Land acquisitions: One of the simplest ways to protect frog populations (given the funds exist!) is to acquire habitat of critically endangered species and locations with high biodiversity.
• Lobbying for necessary environmental protections that currently do not exist
• Conducting and funding scientific research: Our goal is to dramatically increase the amount of funding for scientists, not only so they can accomplish important research projects but also so that scholarships are available to incoming Masters and Ph.D. students, many of whom choose their field of graduate research based on whether or not there are scholarships being offered. Thus more scholarships will result in more biologists working on amphibian conservation issues.
Kerry Kriger is the Founder and Executive Director of Save The Frogs.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.