Sankalpa Rural Development Society (SRDS)
Deshpande Foundation Building, BVB CET Campus
580031 Vidyanagar Hubli, Karnataka
Ansprechpartner: Sikandar Meeranayak
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Founded in January 2008 by Sikandar Meeranayak, an entrepreneur in the field of modern-day rainwater harvesting, Sankalpa Rural Development Society (SRDS) is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing water for farmers affected by the falling water table and poor monsoon rains in rural India. SRDS works throughout the state, with the main office located in the city of Hubli.
Staffed with experts in the field, we strive to create and spread awareness about rainwater conservation practices and explain why protection and recycling of water is essential to our well-being. Sikandar is passionate about helping people to understand the importance of conserving and harvesting water and takes every opportunity he can to spread the word through media, lectures, presentations and farmer meetings.
"Sensitize community members on restoring water table through various water harvesting methods. We implement direct and indirect water harvesting solutions like bore well recharge and rooftop water harvesting on a partial cost recovery basis to sustain the program."
"To end water scarcity in India by 2020." Droughts have become a harsh reality to billions of people across the world. With water being the substance that sustains life, it is more important now than ever before to use innovation to bring a steady supply of clean water to the people of Karnataka and beyond
Our Water Work
• The core of our work with water is bore well recharge through rain water harvesting. We support this work with associated programs – bringing education to farmers, as well as support to their wives through our Self Help Groups and micro financing.
• Using proven techniques of rain-water harvesting and exclusively practiced innovative techniques, SRDS works to resolve water-scarcity issues for rural and urban communities.
• SRDS works on conserving our most precious resource - water. Their direct bore well recharge technique results in a substantial increase in the quantity of water output from bore wells to meet the agricultural needs of farmers.
• To bring awareness to community members of the need to restore the water table through various water harvesting methods. We implement direct and indirect water harvesting solutions like bore well recharge and rooftop water harvesting on a partial cost recovery basis to sustain the program.
• Yalavigi MGNREGA Project: Empowerment of Needy Farmers in Rural India with Rain Water Harvesting through Borewell Recharge
• Roof Water Harvesting: Our rooftop rainwater harvesting system consists of different components that direct the rainwater to its planned destination. The roof acts as a catchment, collecting the rainwater that then flows through a series of pipes and filters before entering either a holding tank or going back via a small infiltration well into an underground bore well.
• Pure Water Project: SRDS supplies a pure drinking water solution for villages where drinking water is in short supply. With the collaboration of the Panchyat (village governing body) we install a Reverse Osmosis (RO) filter system.
Sikandar Meeranayak is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Sankalpa Rural Development Society (SRDS).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.