L´Association des Jeunes Méditerranéens pour les Echanges Culturels (AJMEC TUNISIA),
Résidence Jeunesse 21 - La Corniche
Ansprechpartner: Mounir Bokchari
- Antirassismus, Integrationspolitik
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
L´Association des Jeunes Méditerranéens pour les Echanges Culturels (AJMEC TUNISIA), created in 2003, is an autonomous, non governmental youth organisation whose main aim is:
• to open international exchange for young people,
• to promote youth initiative in improving social work and
• facilitating the integration of young people into society especially those of rural areas by involving them in our work, and
• encouraging their creative spirit that helps increasing youth participation in both local community and society in general.
AJMEC works in association with a nursing home, a kinder garden, the youth center of Kalaa Kabira, which holds many clubs and animation, the association for the protection of the Médina of Sousse which manages the ancient city of Sousse.
AJMEC had participated in youth exchange between the youth center in Tunisia to help young people discover their country and participate in local activities of hosting youth center. Themes for those meeting include environment, folklore, culture and natural heritage, language skills…
The participation in our activities gives a better opportunity to get a positive and varied personal development. We are looking as well to increase the Tunisian youth participation in the international events, which could make them open to a multitude of life styles, cultures, point of views, and get them within a spirit of creativity. Our target group is all Tunisian youth mainly the youngsters that are between (15-25) years old, we encourage them by creating clubs of different activities and especially spaces for free discussions to initiate them to the main objectives of the Euromed program like the fight against racism, xenophobia, segregation in all its features and promote the values of peace, democratic representation, mutual respect, human rights and tolerance .
Another one of our most important targets is the emancipation of women and the importance of her participation in social, political and cultural life side by side with men in order to build a more unified society. At the international level which includes the Francophony cooperation as well as the Euromed network, the AJMEC organisation is very active and participates regularly in the events that vary between youth exchange, voluntary service and seminars.
• "Tomorrow starts Today" is an European Voluntary Service (EVS) project about environment protection, supported by AJMEC Association, Tunisia. The main objectives of the project: Promote the green attitude among the youth; Involve youth into the protection of environment; Mainstreaming the recycling attitude among the youth; Reduces discrimination and raise voluntarism awareness in local community by performing a multinational project with environment
• International Activities: EuroMed For Beginners, Turkey; Peace Bag, Barcelona; Training Course, Malta Italy
• Local Activities: Hunger-Relief Charity Event; Global Youth Service Day; Easter Workshop; Free Palestine Land Day; Don´t Touch My Tunisia; First Aid Training; etc
• Polish Tunisian Exchange
• Summer Camp in Tunisia
• International Meeting
Mounir Bokchari is the President of the association des jeunes méditeranneen pour les echanges culturels (AJMEC Tunisia).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.