Burg - Youth Environmental Center NGO
2 Arabkir 39th str. apt 12
Contact person: Vermishyan, Arman
- Ecological research/futurology
- Environmental organization
- Environmental project
- Volunteers are welcome.
"Burg" Youth Environmental Center NGO ("BURG" YEC) has been established in 2001 by a group of young active environmentalists. Until 2006 our NGO has 17 members and more than 100 volunteers.
The general purpose of our NGO is: To unify students and young specialists and involve them into Armenia's environmental problems solving and decision making processes.
The objectives of our organization are:
- to assist students and young specialists with raising the level of their skills,
- to promote ecological awareness and familiarity of population,
- to contribute to development of ecologically balanced economics and effective methods of environmental management,
- to assist in protection of flora and fauna of Armenia,
- to assist in improvement of nature protecting legislation and development of conception of ecological security,
- to assist in creation and application of effective waste management mechanisms etc.
The big part of our activities are organization of youth eco-tours, restoration of damaged ecosystems, rehabilitation of historical-cultural monuments, clean-up activities, tree planting etc.
Mr. Arman Vermishyan is the President of "BURG" YEC.
For other net participants we can offer expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, deliver a lecture, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.