Charity Center for Children and Youth Development (CCCYD)
Po Box 110048; Plot No. 917 Zambia Housing Compound
Contact person: Alex Bwaluka
- Commune, community project
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Volunteers are welcome.
Charity Center for Children and Youth Development (CCCYD) is a Zambian Nongovernmental Organization (NGO) founded in 2010.
The organization´s mission is to promote and enhance the capabilities of children, youth and women in North Western Province and beyond to effect positive social change that would necessitate the development of their lives, communities and the nation at large
We envision a society that will work towards eradication of poverty, HIV and AIDS, illiteracy among orphans and vulnerable children, youths and women in society.
CCCYD´s goal is to empower communities to access health care, safe water, good nutrition, micro credits for income generating activities and education.
CCCYD provides physical and psychosocial support to marginalized and at-risk women, vulnerable children & orphans, youth and persons living with disabilities in North-western province of Zambia. The organization seeks to empower people through economic development, which it achieves through education programs, vocational training, and the provision of health care.
• Orphans educational support: CCCYD is assisting Orphaned and Vulnerable Children (OVC) with the provision of food stuffs, school requisites, clothes, psychosocial counseling support, provision of livelihood skills training etc.
• Income generating activities: Chicken raring to support orphans – this project aims at uplifting the living standards of orphans affected and infected by HIV/AIDS. Besides chicken raring being a source of income to support orphans, it is also a source of protein needed for the children infected by HIV/AIDS.
• HIV/AIDS Prevention and care: CCCYD provides free HIV counseling and distribution of condoms. The organization also engages communities in discussing effective prevention and care of HIV/AIDS through home visits and provides nutritional support to people living with HIV/AIDS. The organization has established support groups of ten people living with HIV/AIDS.
• Skills training: The organization receives vocational tools from Tools with A Mission from UK such as sewing machines, carpentry tools, computers and knitting machines. These tools are used to empower youths, orphans and vulnerable children with practical skills for self reliance. We are operating a computer based library using Encanter 2009 and computer self training programe.
• Literacy skills training: The organization aims at to lower the gap through introduction of basic adult literacy and vocational skills so that those who had no chance of gaining formal education at a tender age have a chance of learning how to read and write at least in their own local language.
• Micro-entrepreneurship: Providing micro loans to poor women in Zambia particularly Solwezi district to set up and improve businesses to support their families and communities so that they can escape poverty.
• Business Simulation training for micro entrepreneurs. The organization is training micro entrepreneurs in Business Simulation.
• Distribution of Mobility Devices: By providing the disabled persons with the assistive devices like elbow crutches, wheelchairs, canes, walkers, braces etc would make it easier for them to move around on their own and lead a normal life and contribute to the development of the country because disability is not inability.
• Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights: CCCYD is providing peer education on adolescents sexual reproductive health and rights in schools.
Alex Bwaluka is the Executive Director of the Charity Center for Children and Youth Development (CCCYD).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.