Organic Food Kenya
Contact person: Raymond Benson Orenda
- Aid for developing countries
- Commune, community project
- Educational policy/project
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
We are expanding our farm that is to buy more space for growing more healthy food for our community. together we can help make this earth a better place for all. Go to the link below
Organic Food Kenya is a community based organization (CBO) based at Kamiyawa Village, Kodera Sub-location, West Kasipul, and Oyugis Sub-county in Homa-Bay County. It is run by 8 volunteers and our focus is to develop a working organic farm that not only provides organic food but aid in the education of other farmers in organic practices and the importance of clean and safe drinking water sources.
To provide trainings and modern agriculture skills to poor communities in Kenya by developing fertile grounds to nourish organic foods, food security change lives of community members.
• Develop organic permaculture gardening and farming techniques
• Establish permaculture resource center and outreach program in the community
• Raise literacy, nature sports talents and build sustainable livelihood for the less fortunate
• Poverty eradication
• Training communities on agribusiness, permaculture and organic farming
• Promotion of food security
• Maintenance of biodiversity
• Promotion of micro enterprises among communities
• Advocacy to the old and the vulnerable
• Co-ordinate with any group, NGO and individual donor having same objective towards development and health.
• Nurturing sports talents among the communities
• Promotion of agroforestry and education to the less fortunate among the communities
• To establish local and international partnerships
• Engaging in HIV/AIDS programme among the communities
• Organic food Kenya believes in sustainable permaculture models that are integrated into a community’s culture and its traditional methods of agriculture.
• We work with widows, school children, disadvantaged youth and small scale rural farmers.
• We establish educational school kitchen gardens, where children will learn organic farming methods, sustainable water management, nutrition and microeconomics.
• So far we have started training both theory and practical experiences on compost making, correct planting, rural enterprises like soap making, cake baking and how best the community can conserve their vegetables during rainy season to use them during drought season.
• We also produce Moringa plants and Roselle plants at our farm and sell to the community members at subsidized rate they can afford.
• In addition we integrate our educational format into a life skills curriculum, teaching the children and their families about hygiene, sanitation, and nutrition.
• Our volunteers, both locally and internationally work tirelessly planting our small fields, fighting deforestation, planting sweet potatoes, kales, local vegetables and doing trainings.
Raymond Benson Orenda is a Founder of Organic Food Kenya.
For other net participants we can procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.