Bangladesh Association for Social Advancement (BASA)
House No # 113, Road No # 6, New DOHS, Mohakhali
Contact person: A.K.M.Shirajul Islam
- Aid organization
- Environmental project
- Educational policy/project
- Volunteers are welcome.
Bangladesh Association for Social Advancement (BASA) is a non-governmental organization devoted to promote the socio-economic conditions of the poorer section of the community in Bangladesh since its inception in 1991.
Our vision is a socially and economically developed and peaceful society, free from all kinds of discriminations and repressions where people live with dignity, security and respect for each other.
Our mission is to create a positive and sustainable socio-economic change in the lives of the poor and disadvantaged, particularly women, indigenous people and persons with disability through micro-finance supported by various social development programmes and services.
• Creation of livelihood opportunities for the poor and the disadvantaged.
• Access to basic social services such as health, education and nutrition.
• Sustainable management of the environment from the impact of climate change and disaster
• Promotion of human rights, social justice and legal rights of disadvantaged groups of people.
• Development of competent staff trough skill development and capacity building.
• Reduction of child labour and human trafficking.
• Prevention of spread of HIV/AIDS and drug addiction amongst vulnerable section of Population.
BASA works in diversified fields of sustainable development. Major focus areas of work are:
• Water and sanitation,
• Health Sector
• Renewable energy,
• Carbon Reduction and Generation of Green Energy,
• Climate change and environment,
• Bi-product recycling,
• Waste management,
• Promotion of local honey,
• Capacity building for disadvantaged communities through IGA training,
• Empowerment of poor, especially women through the provision of diversified microfinance products.
AKM Shirajul Islam is the Executive Director at Bangladesh Association for Social Advancement(BASA) .
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.