Animus Association" Foundation
85 Ekzarh Yossif st.
Contact person: Stoytcheva, Nadejda
- Commune, community project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Women's policy
"Animus Association" Foundation was founded in 1994 as a women's non-governmental organization. In 2001 it acquired the status of a public benefit organization. Since 1998 "Animus Association" Foundation has been the Bulgarian partner in "La Strada" International program for prevention of trafficking in women in Central and Eastern Europe. Nine countries of the region participate in this program: Bulgaria, Poland, Czech Republic, Ukraine, the Netherlands, Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Moldavia and Belarus.
Mission: Healthy communication between people and gender equality in Bulgarian society.
- Availability of accessible psychotherapeutic services and programmes, offering professional and competent help to people who need it.
- Social attitudes of tolerance towards differences, respect for suffering and non-acceptance of violence.
- Understanding and acceptance of the values of psycho-dynamic psychotherapy.
Goals: to work for the intellectual, professional and spiritual development of women; to initiate a change in the Bulgarian family and society; to develop and implement projects and programmes connected with support to women and children; to encourage gender-equality understanding in society; to improve the status of women; to be a mediator between different state institutions and non-governmental organisations and to co-ordinate their efforts on the problems of violence against women.
Animus Association achieves its mission and goals by:
- establishing specialised centres for professional help for survivors of violence;
- encouraging the development of and conducting educational and training programmes;
- exchanging experience with similar organisations in Europe, Asia, and North America;
- publishing materials connected with its work;
- cooperating with institutions and organizations in the country connected with the activities of Animus Association;
- organizing conferences and workshops on the problems of women, family and mental health, organizing cultural events which contribute to the goals of the organization.
Nadejda Stoytcheva and Maria Tchomarova are the Directors of the Association. They are Psychotherapists.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, deliver a lecture and procure expert information in the field of our work.