Centre d'Etudes et de Recherches en Droits de l'Homme et Démocratie
4 ème Niveau Building UNILU
1825 Lubumbashi, Katanga
Contact person: Yav Katshung Joseph
- Commune, community project
- Human rights
- Peace politics
- Overnight facilities
CERDH is a centre for studies and research in the field of human rights and democracy with its basis in Lubumbashi in the Democratic Republic of Congo. It was founded by a group of young Congoleses pushed forward by Maître Yav Katshung Joseph.
Its missions are:
- to take care that the law is strictly observed and to ensure that the rights and liberty are respected,
- to study and to encourage the support of human rights as well as peoples' rights,
- to initiate or to support the publication of studies, articles, works, official reports on the promotion and protection of human rights as well as peoples' rights,
- to ensure a considerable spreading of the principles touching the human rights, the citizen's rights as well as the peoples' rights, both for the education and information, particularly by organizing conferences, colloquiums, seminars and other means of sensitization and communication,
- to cooperate with all the organisms as well as national and international institutions that are interested in the promotion and protection of human rights as well as the peoples' rights.
CERDH forbids itself to be the consecration of an instrument which serves as decoration and consequently the necessity to develop an increased vigilance in the harmonious development of its projects. As a result, it seems necessary to clearly define the priorities of the centre with all of the partners.
Straight away, let's say that the Centre aims at several key points of intervention :
- education and development of capacities through workshops, meetings for trainings, etc.,
- technical assistance as well as advisory services,
- the development of a network of partners with the other local, regional and international organisations and institutions for studies and research, etc.
We can offer overnight accommodations for other net participants. We can procure expert information, deliver an expert opinion, give a lecture, arrange for up-to-date specialist information and establish contacts in the field of our work.