P.O. Box 28
Contact person: Samuel Bunde
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Women's policy
- Volunteers are welcome.
CHEER Africa is a Kenyan national non-profit organization. CHEER Africa was founded in May, 2006 in the rural area of Kisii, Kenya. CHEER Africa mainly focuses on public health, but encompasses the areas of contraception, HIV/AIDS Awareness, eradication of poverty, the environment and rights for women.
CHEER stands for:
• C ontraception
• H IV/AIDS Awareness
• E nvironment/Education
• E radication of poverty
• R ights of women
CHEER Africa´s Mission is to promote integral sustainable development through the involvement of all development parties and or collaborations to improve the living standards of the people living in rural areas and the urban poor.
CHEER Africa´s current programs include family planning, health and nutrition for people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHAS), entrepreneurial skill training, promotion of gender equality, revolving fund schemes, Information Technology training, and fundraising.
• Pharmacy: We have established a community pharmacy at Masimba. This gives the local community access to basic medication and generates a modest profit for us to use in our day-to-day operations.
• Training: Training community based organisations on proposal writing, monitoring and evaluation and record keeping.
• Ecological: Establishing 5 tree nurseries.
• Train community health workers to increase awareness of common illnesses among local residents.
• To initiate a revolving fund. To open a community farm input store from where farmers would access hybrid seeds, fertilizers, and animal drugs at a reasonable price.
• To provide youths in the community with vocational skills and to initiate income generating activities i.e Zero grazing (dairly cows/goats), bee keeping ,poultry etc for the vulnerable groups.
• To establish more tree nurseries and to organize waste disposal management.
• Sensitize the community in spring protection and soil erosion and provide the communities with clean water (piped).
• Seminars and workshops emphasizing the rights of women and children; Fighting gender based violence and female genital mutilation; Promotion of girl child education; Campaign against child labor.
Samuel Bunde is the Founder and Executive Director of CHEER Africa.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.