Clear Sky Meditation & Study Center
PO Box 19; 3567 Cockell Road, Bull River Valley
BC V0B 1N0 Fort Steele
Contact person: Catherine Pawasarat
- Spiritual organization
- Educational policy/project
- Environmental project
- Volunteers are welcome.
Clear Sky Meditation & Study Center (Clear Sky), established in 2004, is a non-profit, charitable organization created to nurture universal teachings of awakening. Focusing on Buddhadharma and Western Mystical teachings, the center is dedicated to providing an environment for practice and study.
Clear Sky serves to motivate and inspire students from around the world, now and for generations to come.
Clear Sky is a breathtaking meditation and study center consisting of 310 wooded acres at the foot of the Canadian Rockies, with a magnificent view of Bull Mountain. The three-story, 5,000 square-foot main building is well-designed and solidly built. It features a meditation room, 5 spacious bedrooms (multiple occupancy) and 5 bathrooms, a communal room, dining room, office and well-equipped kitchen. Plans are underway to build a separate temple/meditation hall.
Meditation is the practice of learning to see what is. Whether we are looking for the first time or working to deepen our view, a nurturing environment and supportive community are essential to our progress. Clear Sky Meditation and Study Foundation offers that environment -- to beginners and experienced practitioners alike.
Meditation Courses & Retreats
• Individual Retreat Cabins: Our new cabins offer you a chance to invest in an individual retreat at Clear Sky. We designed them to offer isolation and stunning views in a prime location on the property.
• Weekly Classes: Come, develop new skills that you can integrate into your daily life and deepen your sense of well-being and vitality. We invite you to join our diverse team of teachers in weekly contemplations, fun explorations, discussions, and meditation techniques.
• Wong Kur: Sponsoring a Wong Kur, an initiation, is an opportunity to share a rare and precious gift. It is awakening a spiritual friend whom you can call upon at any time. With dedicated practice, you too will be able to say, "Don't need thangka, am thangka".
• Retreat with Paul Jaffe: Dissolving Delusion and Re-Visioning Your Life
• Retreat with Tarchin Hearn
• Short Workshops & Courses: Eye of the Storm - A 5Rhythms Movement Workshop; Express Your Authentic Self - Confidence Through Creative Improvisation
• Events Hosted by Clear Sky: Building a Social Enterprise? We can help.; Stress and Anxiety: Practical Coping Strategies
• Karma Yoga Program: The Karma Yoga Retreat Program includes meditation instruction, study & practice within the context of Karma Yoga. The overall aim of Karma Yoga is to study the mind in action & in service in everyday activities in conjunction with silent seated meditation practice, thereby developing calm, concentration, joy, and insight.
• Sensei´s Teaching Schedule: Teachings and workshops by Sensei all over the world
Catherine Pawasarat is the Chief Visionary Officer of the Clear Sky Meditation & Study Center.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.