Alternative For Rural Movement (ARM)
756026 Balasore, Orissa
Contact person: Rajendra Kumar Rana
- Commune, community project
- Educational policy/project
- Human rights
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
Alternative for Rural Movement (ARM), founded in 1989, has been registered as a voluntary development organization. ARM is a Non Government Development Organisation working for the empowerment & mainstreaming of deprived village people of North Orissa with emphasis on backward rural Women, Children and Dalit communities.
Our Mission is the establishment of an equitable social order through motivation, facilitation and self activity among backward rural communities with emphasis on women and children in the sphere of health education, human rights, economy and rural leadership.
• To facilitate empowerment, solidarity and leadership capacities of backward rural women and the under privileged social sections.
• To sensitize, act and promote basic education, rural health, eco environment and quality of living in the problem villages.
• To restore and strengthen the advocacy of human and child rights activities of vulnerable social categories concentrating on women and girls rights for preventing social discrimination and oppression.
• To garner economic empowerment and rural self employment of socially handicapped sections through credit and savings, eco friendly sustainable agriculture, micro enterprises and establishment of a value chain based marketing network.
• To conduct information networking, need based research, documentation and create a data base on all aspects of a prospective rural socio economy.
• Community education and capacity building
• Rural Health Management
• Women empowerment and child rights
• Poverty alleviation and economic empowerment
• Natural resource Management and environment promotion
• Disaster management and community rehabilitation
• Developmental partnership and networking
• Model School
• Child Resource Centre
• Mainstreaming of Risk Girls: Literacy, orientation and awareness of risked rural girls; Strengthening of village women SHGs; Protection against child labour and girl trafficking; etc.
• Reproductive Child Health: Health awareness camps for rural women and adolescent girls; etc.
• Primary Health Centre: Formation of Village Health and sanitation committee; etc.
• Gender Empowerment: Promotion and Strengthening of Women Self Help Groups; Micro enterprise promotion and women self employment; etc.
• Disaster Management: Relief and Rehabilitation support for flood victims; etc.
Rajendra Kumar Rana is the Founder and Coordinating Member of ARM.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.