P.O. Box 6
Contact person: Edna Titus
- Aid organization
- Aid for developing countries
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Volunteers are welcome.
Breadline Africa is a Southern African based charity organisation that seeks to put a lasting end to poverty in Africa. Breadline Africa started when a group of community and social workers living in Africa wanted to bridge the gap between Africa and Europe and raise funds for the poor. Within the year, a board of trustees was established and Breadline Africa was launched in 1993 with a fresh enthusiasm that continues to this day. The special relationship that we have established with Europe has proved to be one of success and substance. We look forward to only improving this relationship in the years to come.
Breadline Africa has a history as an African based charity organisation with European backing. With offices in both South Africa and the UK, we can effectively become a means of communication between those who need help and to those who can offer it.
We are an organisation that raises money to fund projects aiming to break the cycle of poverty in Southern Africa. We fund organisations who are doing innovative and sustainable poverty alleviation work in needy areas. We believe in helping people to help themselves through, for example, job creation
Since 1993, Breadline Africa has made grants to hundreds of community and grass roots projects in southern Africa. Projects we support:
• Agriculture and food Gardens (By teaching communities sustainable agriculture techniques, they are able to provide food for themselves, …)
• AIDS and Health (support children and families affected by HIV/Aids, …)
• Arts and Culture (African Art Centre,…)
• Children and Youth (education facilities and access to food and shelter, …)
• Converted Containers (recycled containers for schools, soup kitchens, medical centres,…)
• Crisis and Counselling (Therapy and treatment programmes - trauma counselling, support groups, intervention, awareness programmes - against violence & participates in policy making and networking, after school programmes, youth in prison & reintegration programmes, …)
• Disabilities (programmes to minimise the effects o f the disabilities, ...)
• Nutrition (soup kitchens, emergency food parcels, …)
• Refugees (Africa Unite against xenophobia, …)
• Skills Development and Unemployment (Cans4Skills: recycling of containers for other use, …)
Edna Titus is Breadline Africa's Liaison officer in the Cape Town office.
For other net participants we can give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.