ASPIRE (Agency for Strengthening Pastoralists Innovation and Resilience) Organization
Bellita Court, Elgeyo Marakwet Road, Kilimani
Contact person: Osman Mohamed Noor
+254 746166167; +254 720 116 476; +254 796 064092
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Environmental project
Agency for Strengthening Pastoralists Innovation and Resilience (ASPIRE) is a Non-Governmental Organization established in the year 2010 by a group of professionals in various areas such as agriculture, forestry, water, environmental and natural management. It was registered in Kenya under the Kenyan law and operates in Northern Kenya areas and in Southern Somalia.
ASPIRE was founded with the aim of mobilizing and building capacity of pastoralist communities by offering technical assistance and restoration of peace and harmony among the diverse communities
To create value-driven communities aiming at improving peace, building livelihoods, and reducing poverty while contributing to secure socio-economic development, ecological stability and sound environment management.
• To empower pastoralists in livestock breed improvement, trade, lobby and advocacy, capacity building, adapting to climate change, innovation, competitiveness; and thus help in enhancing duo-economy livelihood.
• To mobilize community consciousness for development, self-determination, improvement of livelihoods and at the same time promoting the Conservation and profitable management of natural resources.
• To promote create awareness of the effects of climate change and settlement on pastoralism and the natural resources, as well agitate for diversification of the livestock based economy in northern Kenya and Southern Somalia.
• To upgrade the living standards of the pastoralists in the Poverty and disaster stricken areas through swift response to disaster and in developing initiatives to influence positive social and cultural change.
• Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
• Empowering the Youth and Young Women
• Disaster risk reduction
• Climate change resilience
• Safety net relief
• Peace building & inter communities
• Advocacy & lobbying for pastoralist
• Community capacity building & development
• Dry land farming
Osman Mohamed Noor is the Programme Manager of the Agency for Strengthening Pastoralists Innovation and Resilience (ASPIRE) Organization.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.