Uniting To Save The Vulnerable
Jinja-Bugiri highway, P.O.Box 291
Contact person: Neto Augustine
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Volunteers are welcome.
Clemency Uganda is a not–for profit community based charity. The organization was founded in 2008 as an urgent response to systems, conditions and structures that perpetuate Poverty, Ignorance and Disease among vulnerable people in Jinja.
We are proactively engaged in the plight of children (orphans and vulnerable children), the youth and grandmothers (Africa´s unsung heroes) in particular and people who are affected and infected by HIV/AIDS in general.
We work with diverse cultures and perspectives to help marginal groups to recognize the needs of their communities and through their own contribution in fulfilling those needs develop and improve their welfare, knowledge and skills.
In order to fulfill our mission, we actively and directly engage, and also place both local and international volunteers in implementing our programs.
• Child education aimed at promoting OVC education particularly girl child school enrollment, retention and completion.
• Care and support involves the provision of care packages for disadvantaged people.
• Psychosocial support addresses the emotional concerns of children and grandmothers.
• HIV/AIDS control covers both prevention and control efforts.
• Micro-credit aims at ensuring economic empowerment of grandmothers.
• Games and sports aims at identifying and developing children´s talents so as to support their psychosocial well being.
• Skills training geared toward promoting self reliance and increasing OVC and youth household incomes.
• Child sponsorship program
Neto Augustine is the Executive Director of Clemency Uganda.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.