Bikash Bharati Welfare Society (BBWS)
20/1B Lalbazar Street
700001 Kolkata, West Bengal
Contact person: Gautam Ghosh
+91 33 22431787 / 28610362
+91 33 22307270
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Volunteers are welcome.
Bikash Bharati Welfare Society (BBWS) was established in 1963 with commitment to work in the multifarious fields of social work at the National level, addressing to the needs and priorities of the poor, deprived and the marginalized sections of the community residing in the rural areas and urban slums in particular, besides others.
BBWS works in the field of Child Development, Welfare of Persons with Disability, Youth Empowerment, Women Issues, Education, Healthcare, Substance Abuse Prevention, Prevention of drug use related, TB co-infection related and sexually transmittable HIV/AIDS, Environment Protection, Rural and Community Development. Community participation and Rights-based service approaches forms the mainstay of the Society´s social service initiatives.
The Society has focused activities among communities living in the rural areas and urban slums of West Bengal, south Delhi and Jharkhand states, and quests for the attainment of fullest utilization of Citizenship Rights for the Society’s target communities.
• Disabled Welfare: Orthopaedic Hospital; Physical Rehabilitation Unit; Training of Handicapped Youth; IED Programme for Children with Disabilities; Low Cost Aid & Appliances; Immunisation & Community Sensitisation; Free Distribution of Aids/Appliances to the Persons with Disabilities; Out-Reach Services
• Child Welfare: Immunisatiom; Mother & Child Health; Destitute Children Home; Development of Street Children & Children at Risk; Hostels
• Education: Formal Education; Open Basic Education; Computer Education; SARVA SHIKSHA Mission; Adult & Continuing Education; Education in Vocational Steams; Education for Disabled Children
• Healthcare: Health Clinic; Mobile Clinic; Substance Abuse Prevention & Care; Prevention STDs HIV/AIDS; CB DOTS for TB Control; Orthopaedics
• Rights-Based Activities: Human Rights Education in School & among Students of Open Basic Education centers in West Bengal; Awareness campaign; Advocacy & Networking
• Other Programmes: Youth Welfare; Women´s Issues; Research & Training; Environment Protection
Gautam Ghosh is the Director of the Bikash Bharati Welfare Society (BBWS).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.