Bund der Jugendfarmen und Aktivspielplätze e.V.
Contact person: Lange, Hans-Jörg
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
Since the seventies, playgrounds which are taken care of pedagogically were founded in many towns of the Federal Republic of Germany: “construction playground”, “adventure playground”, “active playground” or “district farm”, “children’s farm”, “youth farm“ - different names for similar concepts.
The „Bund der Jugendfarmen und Aktivspielplätze“ was founded in Stuttgart in 1972. It is the charitable umbrella organization for youth farms and active playgrounds which is recognized throughout Germany. Among other things, it is its tasks to promote the communication between those who want to run or to found playgrounds which are taken care of pedagog ically. We want that playgrounds which are taken care of pedagogically are created in or near conurbations. We try to support individuals and groups who want to collaborate on the improvement of the living conditions of children and young people and who stand up for the children’s interests. We want to encourage more citizens to translate their own ideas and experience into initiatives:
- In our publications, we introduce exemplatory initiatives and institutions to a broad public and in doing so we help them to get more acceptance and increased effectiveness.
- We assist in the planning, realization and evaluation of the activities of the connected sponsoring associations.
- We inform the staff, pass on experience and arrange for contacts through events and offers for further education and training.
- We offer initiatives and local authorities assistance in founding and maintenance of playgrounds which are pedagogically taken care of.
- We help with the promotion of reciprocal exchange of experience of the sponsors of the playgrounds and initiatives.
- We keep in touch with authorities and central associations on a regional state and federal level.
- We support the international cooperation by participating in and organizing international specialist conferences and by financial and specialist assistance in student exchange measures.
Apart from the above mentioned performanes, we can give expert advice, deliver expert opinions, give lectures and communicate up-to-date specialist information and arrange for contacts in the field of open children’s and youth welfare work.