Mashambanzou Care Trust (MCT)
40 Sandown Road, Waterfalls,
Contact person: Tafadzwa Chigodora
- Aid organization
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Educational policy/project
- Volunteers are welcome.
CALL FOR INCLUSIVE EDUCATION – SCHOOLS WITH DISABILITY FRIENDLY FACILITIES
Having a disability can be one of the most marginalizing factors in a child’s life. In education, meeting the learning needs of students with disabilities can be challenging, especially in schools, districts, regions, and countries with severely limited resources. Inclusive education—which fully engages all students, including students living with disabilities or other learning challenges, in quality education—has proven particularly effective in helping all students learn, regardless of the existence of challenges in implementing inclusive education.
Mashambanzou Care Trust recognises efforts by the government of Zimbabwe and other partners in enhancing inclusive education. As an organisation we are implementing projects that enhance access to quality schooling thereby, creating an inclusive system of education. We specifically address the needs of schools with limited resources such provision of lea
Mashambanzou Care Trust (MCT) is a registered Private Voluntary Organization (W O 9/90), based in Harare. The organization was founded in 1989 by Sister Noreen Nolan of the Little Company of Mary (LCM) Sisters, in response to the HIV pandemic amongst the poor communities. The focus was mainly on the dissemination of accurate information, care and support for people living with HIV (PLHIV) and prevention of the further spread of HIV. Home Based Care (HBC), Palliative Care and HIV prevention awareness campaigns were among some of the interventions carried out. From this noble and humble vision grew the multifaceted organisation, Mashambanzou, as we know it to-day
Resilient & healthier communities empowered to deal with HIV.
To provide quality integrated services & empower the most vulnerable communities to deal with HIV & AIDS.
Community centered projects:
• Strengthening social and health systems
• Prevention awareness and campaigns on Human Immuno Deficiency Virus (HIV); Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI); Sexual & Reproductive Health Rights with women and adolescents
• Gender roles and equality
• Training and mentoring community based caregivers and facilitators
Family centered projects:
• Treatment and adherence support
• Reduction of HIV related stigma and discrimination
• Reduction of poverty (ISAL, IGA)
• Reunification and placement of children in need of care and conflict resolution
• Support to acquire identity documents
Individual centered care and support:
• Treatment of opportunistic infections
• Promoting HIV testing and ART uptake adherence support
• Support for couple living with or affected by HIV
• Educational support for vulnerable children
• Responding to violence against children and supporting survivors
• MCU -Mashambanzou Care Unit
• Houses of Safety
• Nyenyere Day Care center (NDCC)
• OVC Educational Support
• Putting Childrens First
• Family Centered Support
• Enhanced Access to HIV/TB Treatment & Support
• Equity of access to quality schooling an education system strengthening in resource constrained area
• Adolescent centre (DZIVARASEKWA EXTENSION)
• The Dawn: New Day, New Opportunities and New Hope for People Living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA)
• Dzivarengamwa Science Laboratory
• Education for Life
• Support for preganant teens and young mothers
Tafadzwa Chigodora is the Director of Mashambanzou Care Trust (MCT).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.