Aktive Menschen Bremen e.V. (AMeB e.V.)
Beim Ohlenhof 10
Contact person: Sabine Kruse
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Educational policy/project
- Commune, community project
„Active People Bremen” (AMeB e.V.), was founded in Bremen in October 2008 by 15 members of the Bremen Workers’ Wefare Association, with the aim of ensuring the future of meeting places and of running them, incorporating new ideas and structures.
Aims of the organisation are to encourage and foster:
• citizens’ involvement
• help for the aged,
• the public health service
The meeting places are used by older people as a place where they can communicate with each other and take part in community and cultural life.
This includes the organisation and implementation of informational and educational services, cultural events such as readings, and the participation of older people in the planning, form and execution of what is on offer.
• groups and courses for health-promoting activities
• Computer course for senior citizens (including image editing and the internet)
• cultural events (some organised together with help for the aged)
• educational trips on the theme town / county / culture
• Day outings to the theatre, museums etc. or guided cycle tours.
• weekly events: general political topics, health talks, parties, theme breakfasts, cookery workshop etc.
• intergenerational projects and activities
We also focus on linking quarters and urban districts. Intergenerational projects and events, as well as activities in cooperation with other institutions contribute to this. The meeting places are also used by self-help groups, traditional societies and initiative groups for their discussion circles and other activities.
Sabine Kruse is a member of the Committee of Active People Bremen.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up to date information and contacts in the field of our work.