Care Liberian Orphanage Home
Buduburam Refugee Settlement
Contact person: Welwean, Alfred J.
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
The CALIOH organization was founded in September 23, 1998 by Liberian refugees residing at the Buduburam Refugee Camp. CALIOH was given the opportunity, rights and privileges to operate as one of the non governmental organization that is to be certified and license by the government of the Republic of Ghana. CALIOH is a recognized non-governmental, nonprofits, and charitable organization which was born out of the ambition of few Liberian residing on the Buduburam Refugee Camp.
The vision of CALIOH is basically two-full:
- to highlight and approach to holistic education, health, agriculture, science & technology and global issue and provide solution through community based development projects and programs,
- to lead the way in providing qualitative & quantitative training as a basic for social-cultural and religious empowerment programs in post war Liberia.
An objective of the postwar sustainable development initiative for orphans and less fortunate has the following as its objectives:
- to establish a formal and informal educational programs this is accessible and affordable so as to race the level of literacy and life expectancies for development,
- to promote a comprehensive post-war rehabilitation program that will be used in the dedramatization process,
- to promote good health by providing health training facilities in our communities,
- to promote agriculture and technological development through an appropriate training scheme organized for people engaged in the sector,
- to collaborate with other organization and institutions so as to achieve our projects and programs,
- to improve the position of women in the decision making and management structure of local communities, public administration and local authority.
Alfred J. Welwean is the Executive Director from Calioh.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Further we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of education and the health sectors. Also we can contact overseas organizations through our networking program and activities.