Centre for Rural Development (CRD)
D-41 (FF), Sector-27
Contact person: Dr. Pradip Kumar Sarmah
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
The Centre for Rural Development (CRD) is a professional developmental organization. Its mission is to ensure sustainable livelihood for the poor families by using local resources and skill up gradation with community participation. CRD is very clear in its perspective of socio-economic development with a professional outlook. Since its inception, it has been playing a catalytic role in the development process with the well-defined planning and strategies based on local available resources, skill and tradition. While working with any project/programme, CRD always emphasizes on people's needs, priority and participation at all levels. Its objectives:
- to organize, promote, develop, improve, support and maintain rural development activities and management of balanced physical environment,
- to create an information base for identification location and intensification of agriculture and livestock production activities including the support services,
- to organize and promote interest among the villagers in the utilization and consumption of different agricultural and animal husbandry & veterinary services and also in setting up independent service center based on local needs for supporting the development process,
- to render technical assistance for various types of agricultural and livestock production activities and frame proposal for financial assistance from various institutions for implementation,
- to organize programmes on handloom and handicrafts, formal and non-formal education and also on health and nutrition for children as well as women,
- to undertake some income generation projects for the sustainability of the society.
Dr. Pradip Kumar Sarmah is the Executive Director of CRD. Apart from his full time involvement with CRD, he is disseminating his very concept linking a good numbers of VOs/ NGOs throughout this region.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Further we can offer expert guidance through trained staff, procure expert information, deliver a lecture and establish new contacts in the field of our work. Also we can help in training on the above field.