Center for Sustainable Development Studies (CSDS)
CSDS International Volunteers House 72 Phạm Thận Duật, Cầu Giấy
Contact person: Don Tuan Phuong
- Environmental project
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Volunteers are welcome.
The Center for Sustainable Development Studies (CSDS) is a Vietnamese non-profit organization legally registered in 2009. CSDS is addressing development issues in Vietnam with particular focuses on climate change for environment protection, women empowerment through sustainable livelihood support, children support through social inclusion, youth development through international exchange and non-formal education.
Its aim is to improve human socio-economic well-being while respecting the environment.
• Climate Change/ Environment
• Women Empowerment/ Micro Finance
• Children Support/ Social Inclusion
• Youth Development & Volunteer Exchange
• Education Support Project in Moc Chau - Son La: The project aims to create a model school in Van Ho Commune that allows and attracts more child participation by improved infrastructure. In addition, the organization will also promote active participation of young people (volunteers) in the course of improving life of children and people in these disadvantaged areas by connecting more activities and bringing more chances for the children to meet and interact with the kids in Hanoi.
• Credit for Poor Women in Rural: CSDS provide credit support to poor women in rural areas. Projects empower for women by providing them the skills to enrich and enhance social awareness about women´s rights.
• Climate Change/ Environment: CSDS is supporting the community based ecotourism scheme run by local women and fishermen in Giao Xuan. I t aims to develop the skills and capabilities of community members in conservation based eco-business to address poverty and improve living standards through sustainable livelihoods that conserve the environment.
Don Tuan Phuong is the Director of the Center for Sustainable Development Studies (CSDS).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.