Action Humanitaire pour le Developpement Rural et Environnement (A.H.D.R.E.)
02, Av. Alliance, Quartier Nyamianda
Uvira, Sud Kivu
Contact person: Moguet Kamalebo
- Women's policy
- Spiritual organization
- Environmental project
- Volunteers are welcome.
“Aid Action for Rural Development and the Environment” is a non-governmental, non-profit organisation. A.H.D.R.E. is a farmers' initiative, founded in Uvira (a South Kivu province in the Democratic Republic of the Congo) in 2010 in order to help the farmers on their way to sustainable development. It is active in the following areas:
– Support for families and children
– Securing food supplies
– Environmental protection
– Literacy for rural women. Once they have learned to read and write, the women receive a training in the manufacture of soap and a local market is set up. Thus the life of the women is made easier.
– Agricultural supervision for securing food provision and combating famine. A.H.D.R.E. has a programme for agricultural supervision, controlled by the Agricultural Cooperative for Rural Development and the Environment. Its mission is to improve farmers´ abilities in the agricultural area by means of further education, producing and marketing suitable seeds, hiring out agricultural machinery etc. Over 150 farmers are being helped in this way.
– The MTI NI MAISHA campaign: this is a project to raise awareness and pass on information about protecting the environment by forestation techniques.
– The children´s future is a priority. A.H.D.R.E. has pledged itself to help needy children by offering them schooling and training in manual jobs.
– Creation of a research laboratory for seeds and modern equipment to improve agricultural production.
– Creation of a vegetable market and educating the people in healthy nutrition, to tackle undernourishment.
– Forestation of the Mitumba mountains for a clean environment, to ensure future life.
– Founding a socio-psychiatric centre for traumatised women, with economic support possibilities.
– Improving fish farming and bee-keeping.
– Building an orphanage.
– Building a workshop for the manufacture of biodegradable packaging, to improve the management of waste materials in the Uvira district and to tackle the use of plastics.
– Building a modern factory for the production of soap, using Moringa Oleifera leaves.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, and provide information and contacts in the fields of environmental protection, securing food supplies and the advancement of women.