APhS – Angst- und Panikhilfe Schweiz
Contact person: Marco Todesco
- Aid organization
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Educational policy/project
- Volunteers are welcome.
The society AphS (Help with Fear and Panic, Switzerland) is a self-help organisation. It represents the interests of patients suffering from anxiety disorders. It offers help and advice, a range of information and the opportunity for discussion between patients, relatives and experts.
What we offer is aimed at sufferers of anxiety disorders and their families, but also at politicians, authorities, doctors and therapists.
The psychological strain on patients suffering from anxiety disorders is enormous. Many of them withdraw, lose their jobs and get into financial difficulties from which they cannot free themselves alone. They can be helped by expert support and information in good time, saving the state and the health insurers money.
What we provide
• Telephone hotline
• Arranging therapy placements
• Building up and supporting regional AphS self-help groups
• Collecting and imparting knowledge and information
• Publicity work and media presence
• Cooperation with specialist doctors, authorities and institutions
• Contact with other organisations who share our aims
• Issuing the AphS News and other publications
• Organising informal meeting of members.
Our chief aim is to build up services for all AphS user groups.
Marco Todesco is the president of AphS – Help with Fear and Panic, Switzerland.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.