Kumbo, Bui Division
Contact person: Delphine Dusuinyuy
- Aid organization
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Educational policy/project
- Volunteers are welcome.
BERIKIDS is a Non-Governmental Organization of persons, who work behind the ideology of Madame NDZE Relindis BERINYUY with the strategy initiatives to treat and rehabilitate mentally disabled persons and also train orphans, single mothers and vulnerable children (OVCs) including underprivileged children through the provision of appropriate facilities for their proper growth and development.
In 2004 BERIKIDS embarked on the training of orphans and vulnerable children on various vocational skills that can make them self-reliant upon leaving the centre by the able support in kind and cash as well as services through a sound structure of its members as follows:
Presently, the centre runs a tailoring workshop, a computer training centre, a carpentry workshop, an agricultural complex and a psychiatric centre with a psychiatrist who takes care of youths affected by drugs abuse (marijuana, alcohol, etc), and other ones with various mental disorders.
Objectives of BERIKIDS:
• To Substantially improve on the Socio-economic conditions and professional capacities of orphans in Cameroon.
• To advance the education and use of information technology in Cameroon as a fundamental strategy of development.
• To provide potable water to the needy communities of the North West Province of Cameroon.
• To develop websites for every non-profit development organization in Bui Division and in Cameroon, so that developmental activities multiply.
• To carry out christian counselling and moral instructions campaigns alongside our development projects so that our beneficiaries are developed both socio-economically and spiritually.
• To organize capacity building and volunteering shemes in our communities.
• To carry out social, population and christian research in collaboration with national as well as international organizations.
• Psychiatric Rehabilitation Centre
• Orphan Sponsorship
• Dressmaking & Embroidery
• Computer Training
• Social Education
• Carpentry & Joinery
• Sheet Metal Works & Welding
• Single Mothers Group
• The pand equipping of the New Rehabilitation Centre.
• Sponsorship of children in school.
• Sensitization tour to villages to get more children to make good use of the Rehabilitation Centre.
Delphine Dusuinyuy is the Executive Director of BERIKIDS.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.