Child Africa International
P.O.Box 396; Markveien 3
Contact person: Rino Solberg
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
Child Africa is a Non-Profit Child Charity Organization, founded in 1991 and dedicated to help disadvantaged children in East Africa to enhance their lives through education. With support from sponsor parents we help hundreds of children in Uganda, Africa, with food, clothing, medicine, education and sometimes even homes. We have also extended our charity work to start school building in Kenya in 2008.
We are a charity organization undertaking school projects to give poor East African children care and high quality education. By building our own schools based on charity donations and fund-raising, we will have good teachers, good food, good study content and teach the children to be self-sufficient. Orphans will have the school as their home.
• A school which is including deaf children in Kabale in Uganda. Our first school project was a school for deaf children and this school is located in Kabale, 400 km from Kampala in Uganda. Child Africa is planning to incorporate 20 percent deaf children in all our schools in the years to come. We will also have compulsory studies of sign language for the teachers and all the other 80 percent students. This way we hope, sometime in the future, to "eliminate" most of the communication problems between the deaf children and the rest of the community.
• We have already build a simple school for 250 children (approx. 20 deaf children will also later be included) at the Equator, only 75 km from Kampala.
• Phase 1 Secondary school: Kabale in Uganda: We will build a big school for 1,500-2,000 children (approx. 200 deaf children will also be included) at Kabale. We have bought a nice plot for this purpose and hope to start building phase 1 in 2011.
Rino Solberg is the Founder and Chairman of Child Africa.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.