Ashray - South Vihar Welfare Society for Tribal
House No. 134, Khunti Bhawan , South office Para Doranda,
Contact person: Anima Baa
+91 (0)651-2413084; +91 (0)8603706996; +91 9204748136
- Aid organization
- Women's policy
- Human rights
- Volunteers are welcome.
Ashray - South Vihar Welfare Society for Tribal, a non‐profit, voluntary social organization, started in 1998 by a group of dedicated young professionals and in 2000 it is registered under Societies Registration Act XXI,1860 for socio – economic, educational and cultural uplifting of vulnerable marginalized to bring human dignity, poverty alleviation and empowered community. The organisation serves to children, adolescent girls, women and youth to live a dignified life until they sustain. Develop leadership qualities among target communities to remove inequality and injustice from society and to play a major role in the process of social changes. The combat human trafficking and livelihood are the major thematic area of the organisation.
Under the leadership of Ms. Anima Baa, founder, Chief Executive Officer, organisation started with passion of social service to stand against social discrimination, injustice, economic inequality. This organisation is working with hope that upliftment of vulnerable communities is possible through sensitization, community mobilization, Education, skill enhancement, Poverty alleviation, Promotion of handicraft, tribal art and culture and create equal opportunity for all to live a dignified life. Organisation focusses on the issues are: Human Rights, Food security, climate change,sustainable development, gender, women empowerment, illiteracy, Art and Culture, Natural resources etc.
Vision: A just society where marginalised communities have equal opportunity to live a dignified life.
Mission: Improving opportunities for marginalized communities to engage in sustainable livelihoods and be safe from trafficking through access to information, education, health, training, rescue and rehabilitation as required.
• Sensitization on human trafficking, unsafe migration, health & hygiene, education, and housing development to promote good environment for healthy society.
• Capacity building of vulnerable communities and women for socio – economic and cultural development.
• To rescue, rehabilitation and reintegration of survival and distress women living in difficult circumstances.
• Community mobilization for food security and self-reliant, skill enhancement and livelihood through improved agriculture development.
• To empower community, women, children, adolescent and youth for social change and holistic development of the society.
• Utilization and management of human and natural resources with focus on non-forest produce (NFP) for sustainable development.
• To initiate innovative process for promoting education, health, sanitation and hygiene.
• Promote local viable and ecofriendly appropriate technologies for poverty eradication, drudgery of women to save energy, water, vegetation preservation and conservation of environment.
• To develop social entrepreneurship and create new opportunities for needy with skill enhancement.
• To work on Human Rights, Tribal Rights, people with disabilities, children, women, and youth elderly.
• To preserve and promote indigenous / tribal art, culture and identity.
• Research and documentation on developmental issues for building strategies and finding innovative, cost effective solutions for scalability.
• To build linkages and collaboration with various development actors for lobby advocacy for policy changes. • Adoption of new technologies and overall development with positive changes.
Programs: • Combat Human Trafficking and Livelihood promotion
• Ashray Vihar (Protective & Rehabilitation center): The children´s home Ashray Vihar is a wing of South Vihar Welfare Society for Tribal, Ranchi. It is self-supported by individuals who are associated with the organization.
• Gender & Women Empowerment
• Awareness & Sensitization program - Community Mobilization
• Health & Nutrition Campaign - Livelihood
• Entrepreneurship Development – Skill enhancement and Education
• Tribal Identity & Culture - Agriculture development
• Research • Advocacy • Networking & Collaboration
• Human Rights, Women Rights, Child Rights, Tribal Rights
Anima Baa is the Founder & CEO of ASHRAY - South Vihar Welfare Society for Tribal.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.