BOSCO SEVA KENDRA (BSK)
Don Bosco Nagar Post Bandlaguda Jagir Himayatsagar Road
500 086 Hyderabad, Telangana State
Contact person: P. ARUL DAS SDB
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Women's policy
- Volunteers are welcome.
BOSCO SEVA KENDRA (BSK) is the Development office of the Salesian Province of St. Joseph, Hyderabad (INH) launched in 1993. BSK is a non-profit, non-political and non-religious body and is committed to the integral and holistic development of people and rooted in the charism of Don Bosco in the church and society. Having commenced services in the erstwhile Andhra Pradesh in 1964 at Guntur with a technical school and press, today we have 30 institutions rendering services throughout Andhra Pradesh, Telangana State and South Odisha.
Touching Lives for Better Future is the motto of BSK, intended to work with professional competence and collaborate with public and private donor agencies, trusts and foundations, to provide logistic and professional support to the various initiatives of Don Bosco Institutions and offices in its region.
• Community Based Development Programmes for the eradication of poverty, long-term sustainable development, continuing education for children, school enrollment for working children, alternate livelihood skills training and empowerment of women and of communities.
• Regular School enrollment of all Children to give priority to continuing education, School enrollment for the dropouts and non-formal education to working children.
• Eradication of Child, Bonded Labour and Rehabilitation of Street / Working Children and School dropouts.
• Vocational training for Children / Youth. Training programmes for children, youth, social workers and staff.
• Carrier Guidance and Job Placement; Health care programmes for children and women; Lobbying and Liaison with the concerned Departments and Governments.
• Formation and Organization of Women Self Help Groups; Micro Credit Financing; Free legal aid.
• Awareness creation through street theatre, puppetry and folk arts; Networking with other NGO´s; NGO´s Training.
• Dhisha: Career guidance and job placements to unemployed rural and marginalized youth in Andhra Pradesh.
• Children´s Parliament: A forum for child participation in governance and supplementary learning in tuition centers.
• Drinking Water: Providing Fluoride-free drinking water to 20 villages in Nalgonda and Mehaboobnagar Districts of AP.
• Training & Consultancy: Providing Training and Job Consultancy services to the needy children
• DB Action India: To create synergy across the diverse development interventions of the Don Bosco institutions and organizations.
• DB Tech.: Don Bosco Tech is the network of 125 Don Bosco skill training centers which provides employment-linked.
• Micro-credit: Micro-credit program is a thrift and credit programme for the marginalized women to generate employment.
• Young at Risk "YaR": With a vision to strive for the creation of a child-friendly society where all the young in difficult situation
P. ARUL DAS SDB is the Executive Director of Bosco Seva Kendra (BSK).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.