Diabetes & Hypertension Help Society (DHS)
Rivers Court Rd 1, Flat 1, Gaduwa Estate
Durunmi III, Abuja FCT
Contact person: Adanma Odefa
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
Diabetes & Hypertension Help Society (DHS) is a nongovernmental and not for profit organisation, founded in 2006, committed to the prevention and management of diabetes & hypertension and promoting better health in Nigeria.
• To create awareness about diabetes and hypertension.
• To offer free blood sugar level and blood pressure checks.
• To subsidize medication for those who suffer and cannot afford it.
• To advise, counsel and refer to experts, sufferers of these two conditions.
• To collaborate with other organizations and/or individuals to achieve our aims.
DHS have carried her campaign to the rural areas which are worst hit mostly due to ignorance and poor living standards, to the urban areas which are not better off with regards to ignorance, benefiting about 60 000 persons with our free blood sugar, blood pressure checks, counselling, referrals etc, recorded in our data base in about five years of operations.
We also run a media campaign to educate the public (AT HOME WITH DHS on one international TV and one local TV) Leadership Newspaper Mondays and National Assembly Legislative Digest.
Adanma Odefa is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of DHS.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can deliver a lecture and procure expert information in the field: Health education. Also we share information and human resources.