Youth against Alcoholism and Drug Dependency (YADD) Trust
Prevention of Alcohol, Tobacco and Drug abuse in Zimbabwe
Box 9055; Midlands State University office 1 student´s affairs
Contact person: Tungamirai Zimonte
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
Youth against Alcoholism and Drug Dependency (YADD) Trust is a legally registered trust committed to promoting healthy alternatives to substance abuse among young people in Zimbabwe. YADD Trust was established in 2006 as a result of the need for a forum for young people to tackle problems related to substance abuse.
A prosperous and healthy Zimbabwe.
To build a community responsive to the life threatening nature of alcohol, tobacco and other drug abuse by making prevention, intervention and treatment a priority.
• To undertake research on, raise awareness of and provide solutions for the multiple problems of alcohol, tobacco and substance abuse in Zimbabwe.
• To create a more supportive environment which enables young people to manage alcohol, drug and substance abuse issues.
• To provide information about the health and social effects of alcohol, tobacco and intoxicating substances through the mass media, peers and volunteers.
• To engage and create a network among youth to reduce alcohol and drug dependency through facilitation and creating opportunities.
• Shape a community culture that encourage healthy lifestyles free from alcohol tobacco and substance abuse.
We use a variety of strategies to achieve our objectives which include but are not limited to:
• Workshops and capacity building
• Discussion forums
• Media coverage
• Community involvement
• Networking with other organizations nationally, regionally and internationally to establish working relationships in preventing alcohol, tobacco and other drugs abuse.
Tungamirai Zimonte is the Director of the Youth against Alcoholism and Drug Dependency (YADD) Trust.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.