AIDS Mission Outreach Trust t/a Lebone Village
PO Box 28360; 177 Springbok Road
9364 Bloemspruit, Bloemfontein, Free State
Contact person: Avril Snyman
+27 515261442; +27 834154360
- Aid organization
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Educational policy/project
- Volunteers are welcome.
The AIDS Mission Outreach Trust t/a Lebone Village is a faith based non profit organisation founded in 1997 and situated just outside Bloemfontein in the Free State, South Africa. Lebone Village is dedicated to bringing hope, dignity and support by providing holistic care to all vulnerable children, youth, their families, people affected by poverty. Most of our children are orphaned because of the devastating effect HIV/AIDS has on our country.
Striving to put God´s love into action by giving vulnerable children, youth, our community HOPE. Lebone Village strives to be a LIGHT to those living in darkness by giving HOPE
• Lebone House: Lebone House is a holistic care centre for children affected by HIV/AIDS which embraces, affirms and adheres to all aspects of their human rights. Because we believe that each child has a right to live within their own family, culture and community Lebone House strives to provide an alternative setting that approximates that of their own family when there is no family. 74 orphans & vulnerable children are cared for in two houses on the property - Maersk House & Rist House.
• Lebone Edu-Centre: Educates the children at Lebone House, from birth to school-leaving age; through a pre-school centre with after-school facility for school-going children. We have 37 children from the community as day scholars at the pre-school centre (who all enjoy the benefits of Lebone House children - 3 meals a day, clothing, medication, etc) who are unable to access education due to poverty.
• Lebone Agricultural Production & Nursery: In this section we have 11 hectare land, a suspension net of, 2500 sq m & a tunnel under vegetables, from which we feed +-600 people as well as generate a small income. The nursery produces seedlings for our vegetable production as well as some for selling and for the trainees who are helped to start their own vegetable garden at their home. We also propagate indigenous trees to sell.
• Lebone Skills Development Centre: This center has fifteen sections where 74 +- 100 people are empowered with a skill & thereby given the opportunity to generate an income.
• Lebone Training & Counselling Centre: This section does basic HIV/AIDS education and home based care, community based orphan care and support; pastoral, bereavement, grief, pre- & post- test counselling. We have food and clothing banks which support this programme.We also provide social support in the form of facilitating workshops between Department of Home Affairs and the community where the people are assisted with applications for ID Documents, Birth Certificates, Pensions & Grants
Avril Snyman is the Director and Founderof of the AIDS Mission Outreach Trust t/a Lebone Village.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.