a ray of hope
UP-201301 Noida, Gautam Buddh Nagar,
Contact person: Neelam Gupta
- Educational policy/project
- Women's policy
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Volunteers are welcome.
AROH Foundation is a leading national-level NGO in India, registered in 2001, working to emancipate the poor and disadvantaged through programmes of education for life, vocational training and community health to promote a democratic, exploitation-free society, ensuring quality of opportunity to all – both at research level and action level.
he uniqueness of AROH Foundation lies in its understanding and approach towards social development, for creating successful models which seek sustainability, scalability, accountability, transparency, credibility and effective leadership.
To provide effective assistance to the underprivileged, weak and poor people and communities, especially women, in rural and semi-rural areas and slums by way of developing their life-skills, economic-skills and socio-cultural-skills and making them self-reliant.
• To develop the traditional and vocational skills of the target communities for gainful vocation, better income opportunities and sustainable livelihoods.
• To enhance the learning outcomes of the deprived and needy children
• To facilitate better health for all in the community.
• To create awareness about hygiene and sanitation, and to create a better environment.
• To protect the rights of vulnerable women and children and to work for their socio-economic empowerment.
• Education: Padho Aur Badho aims to bring out-of school youth into the fold of education by providing non-formal education and equivalency certificates.
• Economic Empowerment: AROH works with communities to ensure that families in extreme poverty have the skills they need to increase their income. We have designed programmes like UDAAN and UTKARSH with an objective of enhancing the skill sets of poor people for different income-driven trades, such as agriculture, farm and non-farm, IT and ICT, Hospitality, Sales and Retail and textiles and garments, manufacturing industry workers, etc.
• Women´s Empowerment: GARIMA – A Women´s Empowerment Initiative by AROH & there Partners: Various kinds of skills and vocational training is imparted to the poor and unemployed and they are linked with suitable livelihood and better income generation opportunities.
• Health: AROH Foundation has been successfully conducting various community development programmes in health sector which include the operation of a mobile health van for poor and disadvantaged in the slums of Delhi and NOIDA, awareness generation activities health camps, vaccination programmes, etc.
• Water and Sanitation: AROH works with people and communities in various states to improve access to safe drinking water and basic sanitation and to raise awareness of the importance of hand washing and waste management. AROH works to save and conserve water through rainwater harvesting and optimising the usage of water because water is natural resource which is fast depleting from the ground. The Foundation also strives to ensure that people consume safe water and adopt good hygiene and sanitation practices.
• Renewable Energy Resource
Neelam Gupta is the President & CEO of AROH Foundation.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.