Association for Blindness and Leprosy Eradication (ABLE)
885, Sector – 15,
Contact person: Prem Kumar Khullar
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Volunteers are welcome.
Association for Blindness and Leprosy Eradication (ABLE Charities) is an internationally registered non-profit organization that operates in the rural areas of Palwal and slums of Faridabad to facilitate education and healthcare for the grossly underprivileged strata of our society. From the time it was founded in 1993, the focus of ABLE Charities in the rural areas has been to serve poor women, especially widows, their children and orphans.
ABLE´s mission is to improve the quality of life for people living in villages in general, with a specific focus on assisting orphans, widows and their children, by offering medical services, education, and vocational activities in an environment that is affordable, congenial and rural based.
ABLE´s vision is to be a leading transparent and professionally managed non-profit organization addressing healthcare, education, and employment in rural India. It is the vision of ABLE to make an honest endeavour to ensure provision of healthcare and education to that segment of rural poor (orphans and children of widows) who are deprived of these basic facilities due to acute poverty and ignorance.
• Non-formal Educational at Slums of Faridabad: We provide basic education in our centres just to make them literate. We provide note books, pencil, slates with chalk free to children. Wherever we find children are regular in our centre and attending our centres more than a year we link them up with regular school. The most important point to note is that our small children living in the slums get regular teaching in moral education, computer education, basic hygiene with specific stress on hand washing. All these efforts results in better health and mental as well physical health.
• Gulak Project
• Free Cataract Surgery Program: Currently this program is one of our great importance is to do 2000 free cataract operation for the rural people of our district i.e. Palwal, Haryana.
• Other General Medical programs: ABLE has a 100 bed charitable, multispecialty hospital with the followings departments: General Surgery; Cardiology; Gynecology; Dental; Eye Care Center.
• We support and provide medical services to 400 widows, 850 children & 120 orphans currently. ABLE has a Mobile Hospital that serves the people in rural areas & slums of Faridabad & Palwal, Haryana. It´s a state of the art medical van with modern medical equipments.
• ABLE Youth is an extension of ABLE Charities that came into existence in mid 2010. ABLE Youth focuses on the education sector providing basic knowledge to the underprivileged. The members visit the slum schools on a regular basis and organize events to bring liveliness in the lives of the tiny tots.
Prem Kumar Khullar is the President of the Association for Blindness and Leprosy Eradication (ABLE Charities).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.